Protein Pancake Remix: Peachy Vanilla
Yesterday we decided to make the delicious protein pancake recipe but we wanted to add a little twist. What we ended with was a fluffier, less carby and even more delicious pancake.
This is going to be a quick recipe, for the full step by step rundown check out the original chocolate protein pancake recipe.
You can't have protein pancakes without protein powder. Any protein powder will work, but for this recipe we've gone with French Vanilla flavored whey protein isolate (from TrueNutrition use discount code TheSwole).
The perfect protein shake article also goes in depth on how to select and make the perfect protein shake.
Nutrition facts for half a pancake
- Protein Powder French Vanilla: 50g/ 2 ~scoops
- Butter: 15g
- Oat bran: 30g
- Oats: 20g -- reduced 10g from last time
- Eggs: 3 Large --increased by 1 egg
- 100g 2% Milk
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Large Peach
- 200g 2% Greek Yogurt
- 15g slivered almonds
- Cinnamon to taste
Batter it up
Mix the powder, milk, butter, oat bran, oats, eggs, salt and vanilla extract with an immersion blender or any type of blender. Don't pulverize the batter since you want a bit of texture left.
Cooking the beast
- Butter the pan
- Add batter and peaches
If you have an oven safe pan - like carbon steel:
- Cook on medium heat until you see the sides harden.
- Once sides are a bit hardened throw in the oven on high broil. Keep a close eye on it and move it around so you get a beautiful crust all around.
If you don't haven an oven safe pan
Get one! But until then.. Cover the top and cook on medium heat until it's done.
- Add 2% Greek Yogurt -- mix it a bit so it's more fluffy and even textured
- Garnish with peaches, almond flakes and cinnamon to taste.
Make sure only to eat half and save the other half for later!